Prime Minister's Scholarship
1. To encourage higher, technical and professional education for the wards of widows and Ex-servicemen of Armed Forces, Government of lndia has introduced a new scholarship known as the 'Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme' with effect from Academic year 2006-2007, paid out of National Defence Fund.
2. Eligibility: Students eligible for the scholarship-
(a) Wards of Ex-servicemen and their widows (below office rank)
(b) Wards of widows of Ex-servicemen died in harness due to causes attributed to military service.
(c) Widows of Ex-servicemen died in harness.
(d) The scheme is only open for widows and unmarried wards of ESM/widows. However, marriage/re-marriage at a subsequent date would not disqualify the awardees.
3. Courses available for the Scholarship: First professional degree programme in Engineering, Medical, Dental, Veterinary, MBA, MCA, Pharma, Nursing, B.Ed, M Ed, BPED, MP ed, UG/PG in physiotherapy and law etc. duly recognized by the respective Government regulatory bodies,such as All lndia Council for Technical Education, Medical council of India,UGC etc. The scheme is open for courses mentioned above in recognized institutions irrespective of its location in the country vis-a-vis the residence/domicile of the wards of the ESM/widows.
4. Minimum eligible marks in 10+2 or Graduation: At least 60% marks at the 10+2/MEQ (Minimum Entry qualification) level for the initial sanction of scholarship. Once the scholarship is awarded, the candidate is required to apply for renewal of scholarship for the subsequent year for which 50%marks is mandatory.
5. Duration of the Scholarship: Two to five years as approved by the concerned regulatory body for that programme.
6. Amount of Scholarship: The amount of scholarship would be as follows:-
(a) Rs. 1250/- per month for boys. (Paid Annually)
(b) Rs. 1500/- per month for girls. (Paid Annually)
7. How to apply: Every year advertisements, inviting applications from the eligible wards/widows of ESM, will be given in the month of MaylJune in the national dailies and other leading vernacular news papers.
8. The broucher-cum-application forms are to be downloaded from the DGR website: dgrindia.com under the heading Kendriya Sainik Board at Serial No. 27.
9. Incase of difficulties in downloading the application, it can be obtained from KSB by sending a demand draft for Rs. 30/- in favour of secretary, KSB payable at Delhi.
10. The applicant is to fill up the application, strictly, as per instructions given in the broucher. He is to ensure that all the requisite documents are attached along with the application as per the checklist.
11. All queries please contact:-
Joint Director Training and Scholarship
KSB, MOD, West Block-VI Wind-V
New Delhi-1 10066
Tele-011 2671 5250
Note: All incomplete application will be rejected.
12. The payment of scholarship will be granted after the successful completion of each academic year, as per the percentages mentioned in the academic requirement.
(a) The amount of scholarship including any other scholarship or financial assistance ,from any other source will not exceed the total amount of scholarship available under this scheme.
(b) All students are to open Bank account in the banks with the Electronic Transfer facility (E transfer) from any bank in New Delhi. This would facilitate error free transfer of scholarship money and avoid delay in receipt. The detail of the bank account is to be intimated to the KSB, in the application form.
13. Renewal of Scholarship: Once the scholarship is awarded, the candidate is required to apply for renewal of scholarship for the subsequent year in the prescribed proforma, (attached with brouchure). A certificate from the College/lnstitute indicating that the candidate continues to study in the subject course and State of marks indicating the percentage is a mandatory requirement. The details of the students would also be verified by the KSB through the RSB/ZSBs.
14. Number of candidates to be Awarded Scholarship: A total number of 4000 scholarships will be allotted each year under the scheme.